Eyelash Dangers Every Woman Must Know
Eyelash extensions and false lashes are in very high demand.
Women all over the world are craving longer, fuller, and thicker lashes.
The end results are gorgeous; unfortunately the process taken to achieve the desired look isn’t always pretty.
Eyelash extensions are bonded to the client’s lashes to create a longer and more desired look. The extension lasts as long as the natural individual lash its attached to. When the natural lash reaches the end of its life, the extension sheds along with it.
This process should be done by a professional at all times. You should never attempt the application process on yourself. Taking a shortcut to save money can create problems later on. One consequence is traction alopecia where the client loses their natural eyelashes and has a difficult time growing their own lashes. Another consequence is the loss of eyesight all together.
False eyelashes are more affordable than eyelash extensions. They are bonded to the eyelid to create a full eyelash look. This option is more common but there are even more dangers associated with this method. If the right bonding agent isn’t used, the eyes can have serious irritation. Weave bonding glue and nail bonding glue are two alternatives used by some women. Those two agents shouldn’t be applied anywhere near the eye and can cause irreversible effects such as blindness. The best option is to use a glue specifically made for false eyelashes and make sure it is a formaldehyde free pharmaceutical grade adhesive.
Dr Susan Blakeney, optometric advisor at the College of Optometrists says (2009)
“Our eyelashes play an extremely important role in keeping our eyes healthy and act as a natural defense against dust, dirt and sunlight. While many of us covet long lashes, it’s important to remember that eyelashes are there to perform a function and we need to be careful we don’t hamper this vital natural defense mechanism. As eyelash extensions are such a new trend, there is little clinical research into their impact on eye health so we are urging women to take extra care” (para. 3).
Though beauty is important, our health should always be top priority. Though putting on makeup and other accessories are fun; we shouldn’t forget the importance of proper skin care, diet, and exercise as well. Taking care of ourselves today will help us continue to look and feel beautiful for years to come.
By: (Independent Beauty Consultant) Alison Ryce
For more tips, visit www.Trinibeauty.com
and make sure you keep your eyes out for next Tuesday tips!!
Why not Follow Alison:
Free Gifts: http://www.trinibeauty.com/
Beauty Articles: http://www.trinibeauty.com/articles.html
Hope you enjoyed xxxo
- Beauty Tips Tuesday: Get the Perfect Pout Trend With @marykayallie Tips!! (ericamatthews.wordpress.com)
- Beauty Tips Tuesday: Ladies.. Make Your Eye Colour Pop With @marykayallie Tips!! (ericamatthews.wordpress.com)
- Is there eyelash extension surgery? (zocdoc.com)
- How do I grow my eyelashes thicker? (zocdoc.com)
- Elongating Eyelash Makeup – Girls Cry Tears of Joy Over Cry Baby Semi-Permanent Mascara (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Tutorial: Easy Eyelash Strip Application (dayna-flowers.com)
- Idol Lash Eye Lash Enhancement (calistacare.wordpress.com)
- The Quest for the Perfect Eyelashes (prettylittleceo.com)
- Where in the hell did my eyelids go!!! … and other beauty tips for eyes over 50 … (stanfordblogging.wordpress.com)