I’ll start it this way….Thank you Solange…
Interlude ‘Tina taught me’:
“I think part of it is accepting that it’s so much beauty in being black. And that’s the thing that I guess I get emotional about because I’ve always known that. I’ve always been proud to be black. Never wanted to be nothing else. Loved everything about it, just…
It’s such beauty in black people, and it really saddens me when we’re not allowed to express that pride in being black, and that if you do then it’s considered anti-white. No! You just pro-black. And that’s okay. The two don’t go together. Because you celebrate black culture does not mean that you don’t like white culture, or that you putting it down. It’s just taking pride in it, but what’s irritating is when somebody says, you know, “They’re racist!” “That’s reverse racism!” or “They have a Black History Month, but we don’t have a White History Month!”
Well, all we’ve ever been taught is white history. So, why are you mad at that? Why does that make you angry? That is to suppress me, and to make me not be proud”
Bruh………. *falls on back*
Look, just like me, I’m sure you have been loosing your mind with all the violence we have been seeing internationally – especially the horrific things we are seeing in regards to #blacklivesmatter!
If your black.. I recommend this uplifting, story telling, WAVEY AF (yes I went there) Album!
– Rolling Stone
MY FAV’ SONG!!
See the tracklist below.
- “Rise” – I am a huge advocate that I must take responsibility for all my choices in the day.. and for my own life….
- “Weary” (Additional Vocals blessed by Tweet)
- “Interlude: The Glory Is In You”
- “Cranes In The Sky” – I looooove Cranes int he sky… You ever had heartbreak or something bothering you that you are fighting to get over? well…I’m kind of going through a lot emotionally and the lyrics are reminiscent that you try and do everything possible to feel better cz you don’t want to feel ‘the metal clouds’… girl I relate!!!
- “Interlude: Dad Was Mad”
- “Mad” Ft. Lil Wayne (Additional Vocals blessed by Moses Sumney and Tweet) – Mad… is INSANE! Hey lil’ Wayne *waves* Look… let go of your pain, anger… your “mad”! despite having a lot to feel upset about.. you have to question where your love is – hold onto it and keep it!
- “Don’t You Wait”
- “Interlude: Tina Taught Me” – I NEARLY DIED…
- “Don’t Touch My Hair” Ft. Sample – YASSSZZZZ I don’t know – if you know you know. What hair means to a girl like me is indescribable!
- “Interlude: This Moment” (Additional vocals Devonte Hynes of Houston Texas and Lu of Carolina)
- “Where Do We Go” (Additional vocals blessed by Sean Nicholas Savage)
- “Interlude: For Us By Us”
- “F.U.B.U.” Ft. The Dream & BJ The Chicago Kid (Additional Vocals blessed by Tweet)
- “Borderline (An Ode To Self Care)” Ft. Q-Tip
- “Interlude: I Got So Much Magic, You Can Have It” Ft. Kelly Rowland & Nia Andrews
- “Interlude: No Limits” – LOVE THIS STORY…
- “Don’t Wish Me Well” – “They said i changed… a pity if i stayed the same…”
- “Interlude: Pedestals” – We are all human… I loved the point made where he says they got more drugs in the rich neighbourhoods than in the broke…. we need to stop pointing fingers and judging!! I love it!
- “Scales” Ft. Kelela
- “Closing: The Chosen Ones”
I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!