Model: Alisha White, Photographer: Charlene Asare, MUA: Chanel Boateng, Fashion Stylist: Erica Matthews, Clothes from: Varg PR, Topshop, Beyond Retro, River Island, American Apparel, Accesorize, Primark & H&M.
I am sooo excited about finally posting this and giving you EXCLUSIVE behind the scenes to this shoot!!
as Some of you know me and my partner in crime Chanel Boateng (Make-up Artist) were blessed to collaborate with Britain’s Next Top Model Runner up Alisha White (click on her name if you want to see my interview with her).
Alisha has always been a favourite of mine so this was a nice opportunity for me to get my BarryM painted fingers on her goooorgeous frame (look at her leeeegs!!!) and style her in AW 11/12 Trend pieces she would possibly never have seen herself in!
Chanel also had an opportunity to Shoot with Model Ufuoma Itoje who is one of the beautiful contestants who graced Britain & Ireland’s Next top model who was Styled by Viennity!
Pride Merged both of our gorgeous shoots into a 10 PAGE SPREAD called ‘Country Living’..
*crowd of women cheer*…
My Favourite trend of the season of AW 11/12 is DEFINITELY androgyny.. I backed it 100% even Against Radio 1Xtra’s DJ ACE when he questioned whether it was unattractive and just girls trying to be boys.. *cue family fortunes ‘wrong’ noise* He couldn’t be more wrong. Using Key Pieces such as the tailored boyfriend blazer with a STATEMENT Jewel Red Wine colour… the gorgeous Beyond retro bowler hat and those goooorgeous on trend ankle boot wedges brought such sexiness and sophistication to her look. I must admit I fell in love with this gorgeous silk colour block shirt from designer Nina Jarebrink *gasssp*.. River Island Compleeeetely RULED this look!!!
Again… This look was about Androgyny! The Topshop leopard skirt.. as seen on Keisha Buchanan During Fashion week..
Just brought this look to life.. I wanted to play with texture and clashing of patterns like we have seen on the runway so I paired this look with a leopard Fur jacket. (thank god for beyond retro and their must haves) The lace shirt gave a delicate ‘fetish trend’ twist to the look.. and the Red Primark Ankle boots gave her length for daaaays.. I had le envy all day.. the colour pop was mouth-watering against the leopard print!!
For this look I wanted to play on Androgyny… But gave it more of a ‘old English Heritage’ feel but glamming it up with the 70’s must have classic hat!!! As you can see.. a few shots were tried with the dog.. which didnt get chosen in our final images.. but she looked gorgeous.. The whole outfit was sourced from American Apparel apart from the Riding boots from American Apparel.
There was a few other looks which may pop up in my Portfolio.. but here are the images up close…
Hope you liked!! xxxo
- My Fashion Picks: Studded Brogues!!! *swoon* (ericamatthews.wordpress.com)
- Androgyny attacks (boticca.com)
- How to look good for less – Primark in copycat row (independent.co.uk)
- Splurge: Azealia Banks’s London Fashion Week Topshop Unique All Seeing Eye Maxi and Prada Black Suede Leopard Peep Toe Wedges (fashionbombdaily.com)
- Lucky Magazine’s YA-Inspired Fashion Spread is the Best Thing Ever [Fashion] (jezebel.com)
- Double Take- #NickiMinaj #RiverIsland #SS12 (afroblush.com)
- America’s Next Top Model: British Invasion! (cwdetroit.cbslocal.com)
- 1920s Androgyny Gets Gorgeous at Maria Grachvogel (bellasugar.com)
- One size doesn’t fit all: Nathalie Atkinson on Karl Lagerfeld’s fat flap (life.nationalpost.com)